N.J. Alvarenga; P.D. Marsden
An investigation was made about the influence of environment temperature on the infectivity of flagellate of T. cruzi Peru strain in triatomine feces by periconjuntival instilation in albino mice. The results demonstrate that infection, measured by patent parasitemia decreases when fecal suspension is maintained at 30°C in comparison with that maintained at 24°C. Mice had not been infected at 37°C. The possible implication of these findings in relation to transmission of T. cruzi to human, in field, is briefty discussed.
Texto completo disponível apenas em PDF.
Full text available only in PDF format.
1. FAIRBAIN, H. & BURTT, E.-The infectivity to man of a strain of Trypanosoma rhodesiensi transmitted cyclically by Glossina morsitans through sheep and antilope: evidence that man requires a minimum infecting dose of metacyclic trypanosomes. Ann. Trop. Med. Parasit. 40:270, 1946. [ Links ]
2. LEMMA, A. & SCHILLER, E.L. Extracellular cultivation of the Leishmanial bodies of species belonging to the genus Leishmania. Expl. Parasitol. 15:503-13, 1964. [ Links ]
3. LUGO-HERNANDEZ, A. Morfologia de Trypanosoma cruzi en células de pollo y lagartos (Tropidurus hirpidus, Sauria: Iguanidae) cultivada a 37°C. Rev. Brasil. Biol. 33:561-74, 1973. [ Links ]
4. MARSDEN, P.D. Trypanosoma cruzi infections in CFI. mice. The capability of flagellates. obtained from two sources (bug faeces and mouse blood) to induce patent infection on perconjuntival instillation. Ann. Trop. Med. Parasit. 63:309-11, 1969. [ Links ]
5. NUSSENZWEIG, V. & GOBLE, F.C. Further studies on the antigenic constitution of strains of Trypanosoma(Schisotrypanum) cruzi. Expl. Parasitol. 18:224, 1966. [ Links ]
6. SEAH, S. & MARSDEN, P.D. The protection of mice against a virulent strain of Trypanosoma cruzi by previous inoculation with an avirulent. Ann. Trop. Med. Parasit. 63:211-14, 1969. [ Links ]
7. TREJOS, A.; GODOY, G.A.; GRENBLATT, C. & CEDILLOS, R. Effects of temperature on morphologic variation of Schizotrypanum cruzi in tissue culture. Expl. Parasitol. 73:211-18,1963. [ Links ]
8. WOOD, S.F. Survival time of metacyclic Trypanosoma cruzi in human sweat. J. Parasitol. 39: 569-70, 1953. [ Links ]
Recebido para publicação em 20.8.1975.
Departamento de Biologia Animal – Departamento de Medicina Especializada – Universidade de Brasília.