H.C. Hercules; R. Figliuolo; S. Figliuolo
22 patients with a history of syphilitic contact, skin lesions and positive serology were evaluated by physical examination, tiver function tests and líver biopsy for evidence of hepatic lesions secondary to treponema infection. Only minimal evidences of hepatic damage were revealed by clinical examination and liver function tests. On biopsy 21 cases of NSRH were noted with one case of gramioma formation. No spirochaetes were found, so these findings could not be attributed to a direct action of the treponema.
Full text available only in PDF format.
Texto completo disponível apenas em PDF.
1. ALBERTAZZI, F., STRANI, G.F., & SARTORIS, S. L’epatiti luetica secondaria. Considerazioni cliniche e patogenetiche e presentazione di un caso. G. Ital. dermatol., 45, 440-445, 1970. [ Links ]
2. BAKER, A.L., KAPLAN, M.M., WOLFE, H.J., & McGOWAN, J.A. Liver disease associated with early syphilis. N. Engl. J. Med., 284, 1422-1423,1971. [ Links ]
3. BOGLIOLO, L. Inflamações granulomatosas, in “Patologia”, Bogliolo, L., 2nd edition, Guanabara Koogan, Rio de Janeiro, pg. 123, 1976. [ Links ]
4. FAUCI, A.S. 8( WOLFF, S.M. Granulomatous Hepatitis, in Progress in Liver Oiseases, vol. V, POPPER, H. and SCHAFFNER, F., Grune and Stratton, New York, 1976. [ Links ]
5. FAULKNER, R.R. & LILLIE, R.D. A buffer modification of the Warthin-Starry silver method for spirochaetes in single paraffin sections. Stain Technol., 20:81-82, 1945. [ Links ]
6. FÉHER, X, SOMOGYI, T., TIMMER, M., & JOZSA, L. Early Syphilitic hepatitis. Lancet, 2, 896-899., 1975. [ Links ]
7. FIGLIUOLO, R. O fígado na sffilis recente. Thesis to the Course for Master in Gastroenterology from the School of Medicine of the Federal University at Rio de Janeiro, 1976. [ Links ]
8. HAHN, R.D. Syphilis of the liver. Am. J. Syph. Gonor. and Vener. Dis., 27, 529-562, 1943. [ Links ]
9. IRGANG, S. The problem of involvement of the liver in syphilis. Comment on its more important phases with case reports. Arch. Dermat. Syph., 36: 685-708.1937. [ Links ]
10. KAHN, LB. & GORDON, W. Sarcoid-like granulomas in secondary syphilis. A clinical and histopathologic study of five cases. Arch. Path., 92: 334-337, 1971. [ Links ]
11. LANTIS, LR., PETROZZI, J.W., & HURLEY, H.JL Sarcoid granuloma in secondary syphilis. Arch., Derm., 99: 748-752, 1969. [ Links ]
12. LEE, R.V., THORNTON, G.F., & CONN, H.O. Liver disease associated with secondary syphilis. N. Engl. J. Med., 284:1423-1425, 1971. [ Links ]
13. LEVADITI, C. L’histologie pathologique de la syphilis hereditaire dans ses rapports avec le “spirochaete pallida”. Ann. de l’Inst. Pasteur, 20, 41-68, 1906. [ Links ]
14. LEVER, W. F. Treponemal Diseases, in Histopathology of the Skin, 5th edition, [ Links ]
Submitted to publication on June, 1977.
* Hospital Escola São Francisco de Assis, Departaments of Pathology and Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University at Rio de Janeiro, Correspondence to Dr. H.C. Hercules, Laboratório de Patologia, Hospital Universitário, Ilha do Fundão, Rio de Janeiro.